Some more mess... a prize for anyone who can guess what this is supposed to be!
This is about as good as I can get it looking. It's supposed to be a Fattycakes diaper. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe my elastic was too tight? Maybe I should have sewn it through all layers? Maybe using knit fabric was a bad idea? It's all just curled up and blah looking. It was supposed to be a baby gift too! I'm running low on all my nappy fabrics, so I'm really annoyed at messing this up. I also realised why I never t&t nappies... because I HATE it!!! So much extra work. It looks less professional. And the topstitching looks awful if its ever so slightly off.
I don't think I'll even bother trying to fix it. Especially as it is a gift. I'll cut out the centre in an hour glass sort of shape, maybe add an extra layer of hemp fleece, then serge it all together. It can be a snap in soaker for the next one. The next one will be made on the overlocker!!!! I will go back to using my usual elastic too. It was going to be part of a gift set. I want to make a matching cover to go with it. I'm not sure what pattern to use yet. I'm thinking I'd like to line the cover, and have an opening in the lining, to make it dual purpose. A cover or a pocket nappy. But I'm not too sure how that's going to work yet.
Also adding a picture of what happened when the baby got hold of a felt tip pen! It took a couple of days to come off, because there's only so much face washing a baby can take!If I get a chance later I'll post some pictures of two tops I've made. Off now to order a knitting set for E.