I have tons of scraps of PUL and hate throwing things away, so I thought I'd trim the scraps down into squares and sew them together to make some covers. I don't recommend doing this because it takes forever! I'm not too sure how well they'll work either because every seam is a potential leak point. I thought I'd sit a wet cloth inside the cover for a while and see how the seams hold up. Hopefully they do because I ended up sewing together enough patches to make five more of these covers.
It was 32.4 degrees C in my workshop recently. Way too hot for working. I've also been getting swarmed with midges in the late evenings. They're really vicious this year. The bites seem to itch for ages. These are some flowers from my garden. I have no idea what they are, even though I planted them! They're at least 2 metres tall. Bees love them and they smell nice too.
These look a bit blurry. There's a skull on orange, for Halloween, a fairy on pale pink, dinosaurs on green, a bird and teacup on pale yellow, the wolf again on purple. I don't think he turned out very well this time. Maybe I should have done him in a darker colour so he'd stand out more. There's also a steampunk airship on brown, which you can't see very well.
The dount design was a free download. It kind of annoys me how it's lower case on the top but upper case on the bottom though. I love the cactus and hedgehog design! For the unicorns I only had a tiny bit of purple left, so I decided I'd stitch together two different colours of PUL at the crotch. The front will be pink and the back will be purple with the unicorn embroidery. I've had the bunny design for ages but this is the first time stitching it out. I did another fairy on purple, which I think looks better than the one on pink.
Okay, there's nothing baby related about this design at all. It's from a French cafe design set. I really like the look of delicate designs. It's for the baby's grown ups to look at and admire. There are plenty of people out there embroidering cute baby designs, so it's nice to do something a bit different.
I love this cactus design! My daughter told me that cacti designs are really in right now. It was the middle of the night when I finished stitching this design.
I can't really complete any of these nappies until I have some inner fabric and some more snaps. I'm dreading putting snaps on 11 nappies, oh and there's the five scrappy covers. Fun...
My kids will have the whole of August off. We do school where we work for three months and have one month off. So we're usually off for the whole of April, August and December. I'm pretty sure it works out to be about the same amount of holidays as schools here have. This August I thought I'd spend it making things for my shop. I had a goal in mind to make 50 items. I'm not sure if that's too ambitious or not. Finishing off the things I've started would put a pretty big dent in that total though. I also have some cloth pads cut out that I should sew up too. I'm looking forward to the challenge!