I used two t.shirts to make this, and I think it turned out really nicely. The print on the front is a bit high though. Its not the best photo. I am going to make some more of these soon.
Saturday, 21 November 2009
My brother was getting rid of a lot of his old t.shirts. I knew they would come in handy for something! I made this top in the T3 size for R but it is too big still. I never have much luck with sizing! The pjs I made recently from the Kwik Sew pattern were T2 and they're a little bit on the small side.
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
We got some t.shirts from my cousin recently. One was a Harry Potter t.shirt (apparently! I've never read the books or watched the films - its not something that appeals to me). E is the only one that likes Harry Potter, but the t.shirt was a bit boxy and boyish, so I turned it into a girly t.shirt. Ok, the print doesn't look at all girly but she likes it. I used a Jalie pattern and I was able to cut it so I could use the hemmed sleeves and bottom edge which saved a lot of work. Hems are my least favourite parts!
I really need to press the seams but my iron is broken!
My brother gave me a big bag of t.shirts so I am going to recycle them into some tops for the boys, which will be fun.
Friday, 6 November 2009
I planned to make a costume for R this year. He was going to be a bee, but I thought by the time I buy the pattern (£5) and the fabric (£10-£15) and the other bits and bobs it was going to cost a fortune. So I bought a £7.99 costume. The sewing on it was hideous, and the fabric felt horrible. But it looked effective. Next year... (I say that every year, and suddenly before I know it its Halloween and because its close to Christmas I don't tend to have a lot of spare cash).
We did make a costume for S though. I sliced my finger with the tinfoil and it was agony! And burnt myself with the glue gun. Most of the buttons (milk bottle lids) had fallen off by the time we took this picture. Oh!!! I did make the silver trousers he wore. At about 11:55pm the night before.