Well, these turned out not too badly. I think. I hope they will work ok. This is a small sized Fattycake. It's made from PUL and microfleece. I stitched them RS together and turned them. I sewed the elastic to the seam allowences. I topstiched really close to the edges, but not through the leg area.
The inside. I made the pocket opening at the front, so you don't have to stick your hand into the back of a stinky nappy to remove the insert. I hemmed the edges of th opening on this one, but it does make it a bit bulky. Since its fleece it won't fray, so i've left the edges unhemmed on the other ones. The opening is kind of envelope style.
This is a close up of the topstiching and the casing I made for the front elastic. I made a casing on the back elastic too. I still have to add snaps. I've made a lilac one and I've got a pale pink one cut out ready to sew. They are quite narrow through the crotch. I'm not too sure what to stuff them with. This one has a newborn sized pre-fold in it. Since they are for gifts I should probably send something to stuff them with. Maybe a tri-fold soaker or a contoured one.
I measured my own little Fattycake, and his measurements seemed to put him in the small size. I tried this one on him and its too small. I will make him some in medium size instead. Here is a pic of the little darling Fattycake. He'd just been outside in the sun :-) I think this is the first really nice sunny day we've had since he was born.