Here is the side view. its really quite trim. I used blue touchtape for the side tabs because I thought it would look cool.
This is the inner. The soaker is overlocked with woolly nylon. I don't usually use woolly nylon, but it was in my machine, and it was a pretty good match. My boy would not let me get a picture! He is trying to get the camera. And yes, I totally dress my boy in a lilac nappy!
Was trying to get a modelling shot, but he wasn't co-operating. Its actually a bit smaller than I thought it would be. As I was sewing it I was sure the legs were too big. It didn't seem like the elastic was stretched enough, but it fits fine. I think I'd have been better off going for the large rather than the medium size. I'd prefer it if it was a bit trimmer through the crotch. I might modify that a bit if I make it again. The flat front didn't seem to gap like I thought it would, so it was pretty succesful... except Daddy still managed to put it on backwards. Then he accused it of being a stupid design and because he hadn't stuck the tabs down right it fell off and he accused my sewing of being crappy :-(
I made the red one with snaps just to be different. It turned out ok too. Its the same as the one above except for the red PUL and the flannel has stars on it. I also did a decorative stitch round the front. The stitch didn't want to go round the curves very well, so its a good job the snaps are hiding it :-)