Sunday, 6 July 2008

Diaper Shower Part 2.

My pictures aren't great here because it was night time and I had the light on. The colours didn't come out very well.

So, this is for another Diaper Shower. It's off to Australia this time:-) Its my 1st time using the Little Comet Tails patterns. I made a pair of Crecent Moon yoga pants - the picture doesn't give you an idea how tiny they really are, there is an xs Little Starters nappy and an xs Little Starters cover.
The yoga pants were fine till i decided to hem them with a decorative stitch. Now it looks like someone has just punched 100s of holes in the hem instead. The picture doesn't show how crappy it really is. I made these with some PRR knit that I've had for about 6 years! I used co-ordinating ribbing on the top, cutting it slightly smaller since the ribbing is very stretchy.
Look at the little gussets on the cover! I had to unpick lots of FOE here because I didn't stretch it around the leg openings. Really, it wouldn't have killed me to get up and check the instructions. Unpicking a 3 step zigzag is not fun! Sewing over the gussets while stretching the FOE was really tricky. Maybe because it is such a little size. It might be easier with the bigger sizes. You can't see in the picture, but the snaps are actually engraved with little flowers :-) I'm not too in love with the yellow, but it was the best match I had for the fabric.
Here is the nappy. Its lined with yummy bamboo velour. I think I did something wrong with this. There is an uneven amount of snaps on the front and its kind of odd. I must have not trimmed 1/4 inch properly from the wings because they are overlapping. The pink overlocking doesn't look too lovely either. It looks kind of orange where it goes over the yellow print. I used hemp stretch terry as the soaker fabric and it feels really light. I think I'll make an extra booster to put in it.
How perfect are the snaps! They match the blue and yellow exactly. They are engraved with flowers too.

Nice boring picture of the inside. The snaps at the front are hidden and the elastic is only on the top two layers, so there is no elastic stitching on the inner layer. Because its the xs size it has a dip in the front for a newborns belly button.
This is the nappy inside the cover. It doesn't fit too well because i made the mistake with not trimming off the seam allowence.
And this is just one last pic for good measure! I really want to make some of these yoga pants for R. They look so comfy and the have lots of nappy space inside them.

No comments: