Monday, 26 January 2009

Baby Sling

This is the sling I made just before new year.



I used a Girasol wrap sling. I measured myself and decided on how long I wanted the tail to get the length, then I cut it. It was a bit scary! The wrap originally cost about £40! I over locked the raw edge, then sort of pleated it to fit it through the rings. I just folded along the different lines of colour. I threaded the end through the sling rings then sewed it down. I found a decorative double zig zag stitch, and decided to sew that between the lines I'd sewn for extra strength. The baby changed the stitch when I was in the middle of sewing, so its a bit wonky at one bit. And that was it done! It hadn't occured to me that the wrong side of the fabric would be showing on the tail though - maybe I should have sewed it the other way round, so I could have the right side showing. I think the rings are a bit low on my shoulder in the picture too. I always seem to have that problem with ring slings. The rings slide down when I'm putting the baby in.

3 comments:

brogansmomma/pleutim said...

Nice! Way to make an existing wrap work for you. I would have been afraid of the cutting too.

Lucie said...

You’ve been tagged on my blog: http://somillie.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Lovely sling. :)