I have been sewing!!! I made this nightgown a few weeks ago. I have some alterations to make on it. Its a nursing nightgown. The pattern is very frilly and dated, and not really me. But I thought I'd give it a go any way. I used a light blue knit fabric I bought on ebay. The fabric was a really nice quality knit, but really a bit too heavy and stretchy for this project.
Everything that could possibly go wrong did go wrong. Scissors were blunt, sewing machine kept skipping, overlocker unthreaded several times, a needle broke, I accidently pulled out the gathering threads! I could go on...
I REALLY detest the elastic gathered sleeves. They feel horrible. I'm going to chop it off and just hem the edges. If I made this again I'd take some of the pouf out of the sleeves. And I'd make the nursing openings a bit larger. They seemed fine when I held it against myself, but once it was sewn up they didn't seem big enough. They're still useable though. I'm not sure about the square shaped yoke. I think I'd round that out a bit.
I still have to hem it at the bottom. I may even give blind hemming a go.