Skip to main content

Update photos


This is what I've made so far. 12 pocket nappies (I still need to cut the threads though) and three patchwork covers.

 Some cloth pads with jersey and Windpro backing (except the one with purple wings. It's a flannel pantyliner). I don't really like the way they turned out.

These are jersey too. There's brown with llamas and some left over monster print that I cut some nappies from. They're both paired with black jersey. Jersey pads are a bit harder to sew than the flannel ones. I still have to cut the threads on these too.

These are two embroidered nappy cuts. I wasn't planning on making any more nappies but then I saw these designs and I had to make them.

These are made from some flannel scraps I had left over from another project. They just need stitched onto some backers now.
 These are some new flannel prints.
 Even more flannel prints. The monsters are going to be paired with grey flannel I think.
Even more flannel pads. I bought a bunch of FQs so I can only really cut two complete pads from each of them. I probably should have bought full half metres. There's a green and flowers, and those are mini foxes in the back. I've paired some with pink spots and there's a whole lot I just finished cutting out before I called it quits tonight. They're mostly floral. I have a bunch of jersey toppers I've cut out too but I think I'll focus on the flannel ones first. I'm not sure if I should keep cutting out until I've got all the pieces ready or if I should sew them in small batches.

Over the last couple of days I've been listening to audio books. I listened to a 12 hour book, and finished a 2 hour book yesterday and right now I'm about half way through a 17 hour book, so I suppose that's a measure of how long I've been working this week.

I hope to have lots more finished by the end of the week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darling Diapers

I just got this pattern a few days ago. Wow! It has so much in it. I could hardly decide what to make. I decided on some All in Ones for easy Daddy changes. The first one is made with yellow PUL, a hidden layer of hemp stretch terry and a striped flannel inner. The soaker snaps in and is made from 3 layers of hemp fleece and matching flannel. Here is the side view. its really quite trim. I used blue touchtape for the side tabs because I thought it would look cool. This is the inner. The soaker is overlocked with woolly nylon. I don't usually use woolly nylon, but it was in my machine, and it was a pretty good match. My boy would not let me get a picture! He is trying to get the camera. And yes, I totally dress my boy in a lilac nappy! Was trying to get a modelling shot, but he wasn't co-operating. Its actually a bit smaller than I thought it would be. As I was sewing it I was sure the legs were too big. It didn't seem like the elastic was stretched enough, but it f...

KCK One

I've seen this pattern for a while but I never bought it because I really don't love aplix. And this has LOTS of aplix. I saw it again while I was looking for the Darling Diapers pattern and I thought why not - its only $5, plus it was downloadable, so no waiting around for the post. I saw the cool video on the website and I was even more convinced to buy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97s5wKbS9Fg And here is the 1st one I made... Basically its a one size pocket. Great if you don't have a tumble drier and good value for money since you only need the one size. This is a close up of the welt pocket opening on the front. Fuzzi Bunz have patented the traditional back opening, and apparently they come after any WAHMs who are making nappies like that to sell. So this one uses the welt pocket opening, which IMO is 100 times nicer looking - and easier to stuff than the Fuzzi Bunz. I thought it might be quite difficult to make, and then I read the instructions - a w...

Baby Sling

This is the sling I made just before new year. I used a Girasol wrap sling. I measured myself and decided on how long I wanted the tail to get the length, then I cut it. It was a bit scary! The wrap originally cost about £40! I over locked the raw edge, then sort of pleated it to fit it through the rings. I just folded along the different lines of colour. I threaded the end through the sling rings then sewed it down. I found a decorative double zig zag stitch, and decided to sew that between the lines I'd sewn for extra strength. The baby changed the stitch when I was in the middle of sewing, so its a bit wonky at one bit. And that was it done! It hadn't occured to me that the wrong side of the fabric would be showing on the tail though - maybe I should have sewed it the other way round, so I could have the right side showing. I think the rings are a bit low on my shoulder in the picture too. I always seem to have that problem with ring slings. The rings slide down when I'm...